TodayHotDeals lists a variety of belts across categories based on type, material, buckle type, colour, size, and brand. The collection showcases all types of belts under one section to make shopping for belts easier. With a range of belts for men, you will be happy with your choice.
Mens Designer Belts
There was a time when belts were a neglected accessory in a wardrobe. However, these are now considered to be important as these are essential for dressing up properly. These have a dual role to play as far as apparel is concerned. Not only are these functional in keeping a pair of trousers in place, but these also in add a nice touch to the overall appearance. Since a belt is worn around the waist, it creates a visual balance by distributing the appeal of the outfit to the entire body.
Belts for men, this list caters to all tastes and preferences. You can choose belts based on type of material. Canvas belts are very stylish. These are easy to maintain and are available in many colours. These go well with casual wear and can be a funky accessory. These can also be worn with party wear. Leather belts have a formal or semi-formal look depending upon the design and buckle type. You will find belts with different buckle types. A pin up buckle is more traditional and has a formal appeal. Belts with auto-lock buckles look good with casuals. You may also look at belts that are reversible or single sided in design. Remember that the basic rule of wearing the correct belt is that it should complement the colour of the footwear. So choose a belt of the hue that goes with the shoes you plan to wear. For a wider option, you may also go for the combo sets that include a number of belts in different colours.
Types of Men’s Belts
Stylists advise to be able to distinguish between types of belts, so that a harmonious external image is obtained. Total proposed 4 options straps:
- Casual style, has a greater variety of models than previous ones. These belts are worn on jeans, casual pants, shorts, and chinos. Their width is greater than that of the classic ones, the buckle can also be much more massive and more diverse in forms and mechanisms. Materials are not only leather, but also dense fabrics or weaving. Casual belts are most suitable for young people, but mature men can use restrained options with a minimum width.
- Classic style. In this case, the belt is made of leather or leatherette in the style of minimalism, that is, restrained colors without additional details. The buckle of such a belt should be a standard rectangular shape of medium size.
- Informal style. Here, men are given absolute freedom of choice, belts can be of different colors, with decor. Also, the buckle may be of different shapes and sizes, while wearing this style of strap can be for a variety of clothing styles.
- Sports. This type of accessory is made predominantly of fabric, rubber. Wear sports belt can be a sports apparel, jeans, but according to the rules of etiquette need to hide under a sweater or T-shirt.
Classic men’s belts more often in demand, as they are an essential element of a strict dress code. Informal belts can be worn for a variety of clothing options, correctly combining colors and prints. But a sports version of the accessory is less popular and in demand in today’s male society.
What should be a quality belt?
High-quality men’s belt made of natural materials, most often it is the skin. When selecting an accessory important to consider its coloring and texture. Stylists believe that it should resonate with a man’s shoes, or, in extreme cases, with a wristwatch. Particular attention should be paid to the buckle, as it predetermines the styling of the belt.
The male image implies restraint, rigor and conservatism, including the choice of belt. An ideal classic option is a belt with a medium-sized rectangular buckle without decor or extra details. Stylists advise to adhere to minimalism, so as not to overload the image.
Belts in modern design can have two types of buckles:
- A buckle with an anchor on the inside that is inserted into the holes on the tail of the belt. In a good belt, the anchor will be rounded.
- Buckle with a clip, thanks to which the length of the belt is regulated, and holes on the tail are not supposed.
Current models of the belts may be sold with interchangeable buckles included to transform the belt into different stylistic treatment. In addition, such a removable element will extend the life of the accessory, if properly handled and stored.
How to choose a good leather belt?
Stylists recommend when choosing a belt to pay attention to the materials of manufacture and quality. Only high-quality men’s belt will last for as long as possible, while retaining its shape, integrity and originality.
Stylists are divided into the basic selection criteria for a good belt:
- Manufacturing material should be natural, soft and flexible so as not to leave wrinkles and kinks;
- On a high-quality belt from the inside, when holding a fingernail, a trace should remain, if it is not there, the belt is made of old leather;
- A good belt will be stitched with threads, but neatly without protruding tails and non-stitched sections;
- With a high-quality belt, the edges are simply cut off and not processed by anything;
- A good belt will have a buckle with a rounded anchor to protect clothes from damage;
- If rivets are present on the holes, you must carefully bend the belt to thereby check whether material will come out of such fittings.
How to wear a belt
Such an accessory is not only important to choose wisely, but also to wear it should be according to certain rules. Firstly, it is necessary to always remember which side to fasten it.
The male belt is put on the belt with a buckle on the left, and the free end on the right, on the contrary, is worn by women. Of course, a great many models have inscriptions, labels and different images, then it is difficult to make a mistake. In double-sided belts, a removable buckle is specially provided for proper wearing.
As already mentioned, you need to choose a men’s belt so that its free end was not too long, if it sticks, and even more so is suspended, it spoils the whole look of a man. It is necessary to thread it in all the harnesses that are in the trousers, but in no case under the jeans label – this is recognized as bad form. On some models there is an additional special trainer, sometimes there are several of them – it will also help to trouser the pants well and beautifully.
Too broad options that are wider than 4 cm should be used only with jeans, it is true, if there is a massive curly plaque.
With trousers perfectly thin strap 3-4 cm There are 2 kinds of such accessory. Glued and stitched, the second option is more reliable, since it is not dissolved at the tip over time. But some models are equipped with a metal heel at the end to avoid this.
Keep the straps should be, turning up or hanging at one end in a dark place, but where there is access of oxygen.
It is not worth washing leather goods, even just getting water on them can cause deformation. To clean dirt is best to wipe them with a clean cloth soaked in soapy water and allow to dry. When using perfumes, droplets should not be allowed to fall on the surface of the belt, this can lead to stains.